Audrey MillsDirector of the Board and Principal
Audrey Mills is a director of our board and a principal in our commercial litigation team. She is one of Tasmania’s leading litigation lawyers.
Audrey’s practice is primarily in insurance, workplace relations and dispute resolution. She appears as counsel in the Federal Court, the Federal Circuit Court, the Supreme Court of Tasmania, the Fair Work Commission, the Anti-Discrimination Tribunal and the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Tribunal.
Audrey is trained in mediation. She regularly represents clients in mediation and conciliation conferences. She works with her clients to achieve their outcomes with a focus on dispute resolution.
Audrey is a past board member/director of TGIO Ltd, Australian National Railways Commission, Australian Women Lawyers Inc, Anglicare Tasmania Inc, Medical Board of Tasmania and the Tasmanian Law Society Council. Audrey is a past Chair and current Member of the Law Society’s Employment Diversity and Inclusion Committee. She is actively involved with a number of not-for-profit organisations.
Audrey’s recent experience includes:
- advising and representing a company in Supreme Court litigation for breach of contract and Trade Practices Act (now Australian Consumer Law) claims
- representing an aged care provider at the Hobart hearing of the Aged Care Royal Commission.
- representing medical practitioners in Coronial Inquests and AHPRA matters
- successfully negotiating settlements of worker’s compensation and public liability claims
- negotiating settlement of child sexual abuse claims
- representing an employer at the Fair Work Commission and successfully defending union applications to terminate an Enterprise Agreement and alleged breaches of good faith bargaining
- drafting common law employment contracts and advising and representing employers on Enterprise Agreements
- successfully defending an organisation against a claim of discrimination in the Anti-Discrimination Commission
- negotiations and representation for a company director charged with a breach of the Work Health and Safety laws
- advising Schools on student related and governance issues
- director, Dobson Mitchell & Allport Pty Ltd
- EEO Committee member, Law Society of Tasmania
- Professional Standards Commission, member, Anglican Church of Australia
- Director – MyState Community Foundation
- board member, Glenview Community Services Inc.
- member, AILA
- Law Society appointed member of Senior Practitioner List
- panel member, Anti-Discrimination Tribunal
- Trustee – Henry Allport Estate and Trust
Recent Papers and Presentations:
- presenter – Stress Claims in the Workplace and the Crossover with Workers’ Compensation – Legalwise Seminars
- chair and presenter – Workplace Relations Conference – ‘Restraints of Trade – Are they still worthwhile?’ - Law Society of Tasmania
- chair and presenter – Employment Law Update – Current Issues and Trends in Employment Law – Law Society of Tasmania
- Fair Work Commission varies the Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2010
- Case Summary -  TASWRCT 2