Alex Bobbi provides pragmatic commercial advice to leading Tasmanian and national business owners, developers, property owners, government bodies, not for profit organisations and educational institutions.
Alex has extensive experience in the acquisition and sale of businesses, companies and commercial, industrial and retail properties, due diligence, leasing, finance and security, property development and duty.
Notable projects include:
- landmark Hobart 21 lot townhouse and unit strata staged development.
- $18+ million loan facility for a ground breaking not for profit health care development.
- international acquisition of multi-million dollar CBD waterfront assets.
- ongoing commercial leasing and advice for Hobart’s premier ‘A’ grade office building complex.
- sale of $10 million high profile Tasmanian agricultural processing facility and business.
Alex is a leader in the commercial and property space and regularly presents on important changes in the law, including on behalf of the Association of Corporate Counsel Australia. Recent presentations include the building energy efficiency disclosure regime for commercial office buildings, the application of unfair contract term legislation to small businesses and Australia’s foreign investment rules.
Professional committee appointments:
- the Property Council of Australia’s Tasmanian Future Directions Committee.
- the Law Council of Australia’s National Electronic Conveyancing System Committee.
- the Law Society of Tasmania’s Property and Commercial Law Committee.
- Property Council of Australia, Tasmanian Division, future leader of the year 2017