Tim Bugg AMManaging Director and Principal
Tim Bugg is our managing director and one of our principals . He is a highly experienced dispute resolution lawyer and practises primarily as a member of our family and relationships law team. He has extensive experience in civil litigation disputes, including for personal injury and property damage claims.
Tim advises in anti-discrimination disputes arising from employment, service provider and other relationships. He has regularly appeared as an advocate and counsel in courts and tribunals, including in the Supreme Court of Tasmania, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the Family Court of Australia.
Tim chairs and has chaired a broad range of State and national boards and committees for legal, community and other organisations. He has led and represented the Australian legal profession both nationally and internationally as President of the Law Council of Australia. Tim is the first Australian to have been appointed as the non-US lawyer member of the Council of the International Section of the American Bar Association. He is a former chair of the International Legal Services Advisory Council.
Tim is currently:
- a director of the AustLII Foundation
- a director of both the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra board and the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra Foundation board
- the chair of the Centre for Legal Studies Ltd.
- a member of the Australian Law Schools Standards Committee
- a member of both the Appeals Committee and the Professional Conduct Committee of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- the chair of the Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts Management Committee
- a trustee of the Allport Bequest
In 2014 Tim was made a member of the Order of Australia in recognition of his services to the legal profession and the community generally. Tim is a fellow of the Australian Academy of Law.