Kim HeapSenior Associate
Kim Heap is a senior associate specialising in migration law. She was formerly a registered migration agent (MARN 1575473) prior to the deregulation of the migration advice industry for Australian legal practitioners on 22 March 2021.
Kim assists clients with applications for a wide variety of visas including:
- General Skilled Migration Visas (subclass 189 and state nominated subclass 190 and 489)
- Employer Sponsored / Regional Skilled Migration Scheme Visas (subclass 186, 187 and 457)
- Business and Investment (subclass 188 / 888) and Business Talent (subclass 132)
- Global talent (subclass 858)
- Partner Visas (subclass 820/801 and 309/100)
- Family Visas (including child, adoption, parent and carer)
She also provides advice and assistance to clients in relation to complex visa situations including visa refusals and cancellations and review applications in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
Kim is regularly invited to present seminars to businesses and students regarding skilled and employer sponsored visas and visa compliance matters.
Kim has a reputation for her skill in finding strategic solutions for clients who are in complex or unique situations and for clients who are impacted by government changes to visa criteria or occupation lists.
- Young Australian Migration Lawyer of the Year 2019 (awarded by the Law Council of Australia)
- Pro Bono Legal Award 2021 (awarded by the Law Society of Tasmania)
- University Associate at the University of Tasmania (Faculty of Law)
- Tasmanian Women Lawyers – Committee Member
- Migration Institute of Australia
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychiatry, Psychology and Law
Key PublicationsView all staff